Simon has particular specialisms in both property finance together with site acquisition and development.
Simon joined Colman Coyle in 2006 and is a partner in the Property Department.
His property finance clients vary from private and publicly-quoted banks to private lenders. Whilst his other clients range from high street retailers with multiple stores, property developers, property investors with a mixture of residential and commercial property portfolios, to acting on behalf of clients in one off transactions.
He advises on various aspects of property law including:
- General commercial conveyancing
- Commercial Landlord & Tenant work
- Rights of first refusal under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1987
- Site acquisition and development
- Auction purchases and sales
- Property finance and securitisation
- LPA Receiverships
- Property aspects of corporate and individual insolvency
- Sale and purchases of a business as a going concern
- Non contentious licensing
Simon regularly advises lenders on matters, for example:
- A private bank in the refinancing of a multi million pound property portfolio in central London
- An established house builder to develop high specification properties north of London
- A high street lender taking a debenture over the business and a charge on the borrowers commercial property assets to provide capital to the business for further investment
- A private bank providing a facility for the purchase and subsequent redevelopment of a block of flats
“Simon helped us with a property transaction that went far from smoothly and consistently displayed patience, courtesy, absolute professionalism and an unfailing willingness to go the extra mile. He is a credit to Colman Coyle” SME Director, 2015
“I have worked with Colman Coyle for nearly 10 years, Simon for most of that time, and have found his knowledge and attention to detail second to none.” Owner, Welby Developments
“Simon was always helpful and quick to respond to problems”
“Good communications, worked fast and priced fairly.”