Selling a freehold property
Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete your sale.
Conveyancer’s fees and disbursements
- Legal Fees: These will vary depending on the sale price of the property but on average will be £1950 plus £390 VAT subject to a minimum of £1250 plus £250 VAT
- Office Copy Fee: Approximately £16 plus £3.20 VAT
- Bank Transfer Fee: £30 plus £6 VAT per transfer
- Admin/copying Fees: £30 plus £6 VAT
- Client due diligence AML search fee including biometic ID check where it is not possible to attend our offices: £25 plus £5 VAT per individual
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry Fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
How long will my sale take?
How long it will take from your buyer’s offer being accepted until you complete the sale will depend on a number of factors, but the average process takes between 8-12 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on parties in the chain.
Stages of the Process
The work that we will undertake on your behalf includes the following:
-Take your instructions and give you initial advice.
-Prepare contract documentation
-Reply to enquiries raised by the buyer’s solicitor.
-Send contract to you for signature
-Obtain redemption figure from your lender
-Agree a completion date.
-Account to you with net sale proceeds
Our residential conveyancers are as follows:
Their qualification and position can be found by clicking on the link below.
*Our fee assumes that it is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.